Ostara Systems is looking to recruit an experienced Helpdesk Deputy Manager to be based on a Facilities Management contract we hold with Santander.
The successful candidate will drive forward a customer centric Helpdesk service which undertakes call handling, scheduling and administration to support the customer’s operations for over 1,000 sites.
This is a hands-on role involving working closely with the customer, improving customer relationships, ensuring all parts of the Helpdesk service are running smoothly to exceed the customer’s expectations.
Overview of Duties:
- Help to determine call centre strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analysis. Identify and evaluate appropriate technologies. Contribute information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Maintain and improve call centre operations by monitoring system and call performance. Identify and resolve problems. Prepare and complete action plans. Complete system audits and analysis. Manage system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Meet call centre financial objectives by estimating requirements. Prepare an annual budget. Analyse cost variances. Initiate corrective actions.
- Prepare call centre performance reports by collating, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Office hours of 9am- 5pm but flexibility is required due to overseeing weekend and night staff.
- Delivery of services in line with contract KPI’s/SLA’s
- Managing the daily running of the call centre, including sourcing equipment, effective resource planning and implementing call centre strategies and operations;
- Ensuring all relevant communications, records and data are updated and recorded;
- Development of client relationships to ensure retention of contract and future opportunities
- Liaising with supervisors, team leaders, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues;
- Monitoring random calls to improve quality, minimise errors and track operative performance;
- Attendance at regular meetings with both management and client
- Coordinating staff recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR staff;
- Reviewing the performance of staff, identifying training needs and planning training sessions;
- Recording statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the centre and preparing reports;
- Handling the most complex customer complaints or enquiries;
- Organising staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand;
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating bonus, reward and incentive schemes.
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Previous experience within the same sector would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer focus and excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work well in teams
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff
- Desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills
- Confidence and a good business sense
- Ability to set, meet and exceed targets
- Focused and self-motivated approach to work
- Ability to manage change
The role offers a comprehensive benefits package, including pension, healthcare and death in service following successful completion of a probation period.