Ostara Systems Ltd is a UK based company that has been committed to providing user-friendly, effective and affordable Computer-Aided Facilities Management software solutions since 2007. The Ostara CAFM solution is based on sound FM principles and has been designed, developed and tested by FM and software experts – who have been involved in maintaining the estates for the likes of Whitbread, Primark, YBS, Tesco, John Lewis, Waitrose and Boots – to deliver significant tangible benefits to anyone in the FM industry.
Due to the level of growth that we are experiencing, we are now looking for a Software Tester to join the Ostara technical team based in the Milton Keynes area.
What you will do:
Our clients vary from start-ups, SMEs, retail estates and large blue chip companies.
An amazing opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of test-related activities, including but not limited to:
- Stress, performance, functional and scalability testing
- Writing and executing test scripts
- Running manual and automated tests
- Testing in different platforms and environments
- Writing accurate bug test reports
- Providing quality assurance
- Providing objective feedback to developers
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Designing test tasks to mitigate risks
- Experience of working in a busy office environment and working to a consistently high standard
- Effective communication skills
- A drive to deliver in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and managing own workload
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of organisational skills
- Accurately estimate project effort
- Participate in design sessions and add value to scenario discussions
- Follow current processes and work on refining those processes
- Good SQL skills using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in testing commercial software products
- Experience with Microsoft tools and platforms
- Experience with Open Source tools and platforms
- Web-based testing experience
- Mobile testing experience
- Degree educated
- ISEB certification or similar
- MS Team Foundation Server
- Automation processes
- Market leaders with a great reputation.
- Competitive Salary
- Increasing Holiday Entitlement with long service
- Employee ‘Perkbox’ access
- Access to online Doctor services 24*7
All following successful completion of a probation period.
Due to the large number of responses we receive, it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.