Helpdesk Services for Maintenance Management
The Ostara CAFM System provides users with complete control over their facilities and maintenance management processes. To further assist our clients, Ostara Systems can provide 24/7 dedicated helpdesk services with state-of-the-art phone systems and logging capability to provide statistics and bespoke reporting. This additional support module helps increase the efficiency of the facilities management process.
Looking for a fast, reliable, labour-saving EAM / CMMS software solution with integrated helpdesk and work order management services?
How can our Helpdesk Module help you?
Any organisation who is looking to manage reactive or planned work orders can benefit from utilising this work order management module within the CAFM software provided by Ostara Systems.
The helpdesk and work order management modules enable the logging and management of all Reactive Maintenance, Planned Preventative Maintenance, Quoted and Purchasing works. The module contains the actions required for helpdesks and administrators to control both the starting and stopping of work orders and any other additional actions that are required. It can be both proactive and reactive, and it is able to track and record all maintenance jobs with a direct link to all data within the core modules.
Work Order Functionality
This module in the Ostara system has been designed to intuitively guide the operator to select such things as the right work order type, location, asset, building, contacts, reason code and contractor – quickly, easily and accurately.
Also, the helpdesk module allows for control over both new and existing work orders, with a fast creation process for agents (helpdesk operatives). This creation process contains a built-in system for duplicate checking, and data is presented to the user when needed with no need to search, increasing the efficiency of the job creation process.
Improve Customer Experience & Reputation
The helpdesk and works order management module of the Ostara system facilitates fewer assumptions, and therefore any errors being made can save you up to 6% on your reactive maintenance budget alone. Plus, a significant improvement to the customer experience and, therefore the reputation of the FM function.
Asset or Location Driven
The workflow can be asset or location-driven and can be configured to give regular updates and notifications to nominated individuals, including during the escalation process. For situations in which there is no asset database available, full location tables can assist agents in identifying repetitive issues. The system also contains the ability to perform detailed auditing of all events and communications, including both received and sent communications.
Complete CMMS / EAM Solution for Facilities Management
CMMS software, sometimes used interchangeably with EAM, accurately describes our bespoke Ostara CAFM system. This is because it’s a reactive maintenance system, combined with other modules such as Asset Management and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) – all of which provide a complete CMMS solution for facilities management.
What is CMMS Software?
Computerised Maintenance Management software, or CMMS, is software that helps organise, plan, track, measure and optimise everything you do that is associated with maintenance management. CMMS can help companies and facilities organise and manage their preventive maintenance tasks, inventory, safety, and more. This software plays an important part in developing better maintenance practices and proving the value of maintenance to drive better results.
Primarily, CMMS software is used in work order management to help simplify every step of the maintenance work order process. With effective CMMS, managers can build, review, prioritise, assign and track work orders from any device, including their desktop or mobile phone device.
What is EAM Software?
With the rise of software as a service (SaaS), EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) has become the product of choice for many organisations wanting to optimise performance and minimise costs. EAM software is purpose-built asset management software and involves the management of maintenance of physical assets of an organisation throughout each asset’s life cycle. This covers everything from the design, audit trials, safety and compliance, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance and decommissioning or replacement of plant equipment and facilities.
EAM software can help you optimise and digitise your maintenance operations to achieve new levels of efficiency.
- Maximise reliability and performance of assets
- Predict equipment failure
- Carry out preventive maintenance
- Easily deployable and supported on mobile devices and operating systems
Benefits of the Helpdesk & Work Order Management Module:
- Increased availability of all data to the helpdesk operatives resulting in a more efficient call-taking process
- Real-time duplicate checking to ensure costs are not incurred inappropriately
- Multi-Client functionality, with support for multiple languages, currencies and timezones
- Integrated Questionnaires to provide an enhanced customer experience and allow for diagnostic (first fix) over the phone to avoid contractor call-outs
- Manual or automatic allocation of resource based on site and type of activity
- Automatic assignment (via email, web portal and mobile) to the allocated resource
- Integrated asset information allows for appropriate Warranty resource allocation
- Can use either Custom or Pre-determined SLAs for use in the interactive scheduler, providing information on rates and availability
- Scheduler permits relative cost comparison based on time of attendance
- Bespoke rule sets for Authorisations enabling tiered authorisation flows
- Present information on non-managed activities to the helpdesk to improve customer service
- No technical knowledge or data structure knowledge required by end-users thanks to a built-in search engine making use of custom keywords
- Helpdesk activity can be managed through the use of customisable worklists which assists with prioritisation and workflow
- Every action, be it manual or automated is accompanied by an event. These detailed events provide a full audit trail