Privacy Notice and Cookies
Last updated May 2018
Please read this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) carefully as it describes our collection, use, disclosure and retention and protection of your personal information. This privacy notice applies to the Ostara Systems website. Where you provide us with your personal information in any way as described in section 2 below, you are agree that we may collect, store and use it based on our legitimate interest for processing (ie: for internal administrative purposes and direct marketing). This is based on your consent and you may withdraw at any time, as described in this privacy notice.
- Who we are
Our privacy notice applies to the website (www.ostarasystems.com) of Ostara Systems Ltd (a company incorporated in England with company registration number 04642803 and whose registered office address is Ash House, Breckland, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, MK14 6ET), but excludes any product applications or services that have separate privacy notices which do not incorporate this privacy notice.
- How we collect information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- Complete online forms (including all call back requests);
- Interact with us using social media;
- Provide your contact details to us by emailing email@example.com
- Contact us offline, for example by telephone or post
- How we use your information
- To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- Provide any information and services that you have requested;
- Manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- Monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website and services and provide an enhanced service for you;
- Provide you with any information that we are required to send to you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- Deliver targeted advertising, marketing or information which may be useful to you based on your query to our website;
We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about our website and services that you ask us about, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
- Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business assets;
- Another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you; and
- Government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You can unsubscribe from any email marketing using the links provided in the emails we send to you, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your information and your rights
If you are based in the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- The right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- The right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on process your information;
- The right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes;
- The right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- Where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- The right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the information commissioner’s office).
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, in accordance with the Ostara Systems retention, marketing and destruction policy or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).