Planned Maintenance Management through CAFM software
Planned Maintenance (PM), often referred to as Planned Preventive Maintenance (‘PPM’) or Scheduled Maintenance, is any variety of scheduled maintenance to an object or item of equipment. Specifically, Planned Maintenance is a scheduled service visit carried out by a competent individual, to ensure that an item of equipment is operating correctly and to therefore avoid any unscheduled breakdown and downtime.
A number of Legislative planned maintenance requirements are due to legislation, such as The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 (also referred to as HSWA, the HSW Act, the 1974 Act or HASAWA).
How Can our Helpdesk Module help you?
PPM software functionality provided by the Ostara Systems CAFM software
- Planned Maintenance Management Software holds records of all the legislative or standards requirements that you determine are relevant to your organisation
- Detailed relationships are created between buildings, assets and resources to allow the system to automatically create a planned maintenance schedule for any given equipment or service
- The planned maintenance system can generate a requirements list which will show what planned maintenance is required and by when
- Planned maintenance schedules can then be managed and used to generate the next set of work orders, ensuring that you are only paying for what you get
- Visit schedules are separated from financial dates on the work orders created for planned maintenance
- Using the Planned Maintenance software, you can combine PPM activity with certification management to support H&S strategies
- Subsequent period visit dates are automatically updated by the addition of Certification to a work order
- Planned maintenance work can be used for the collection of information via the Questionnaires module
The Ostara CAFM System contains a wealth of features, including all of the above functionality, which allows for full Planned Preventative Maintenance Management.